Team Coaching International: Product Suite Overview
Mission & Approach:
Team Coaching International (TCI) is dedicated to enhancing team performance and organizational health through its training, tools, and support. The company focuses on creating sustainable change by helping teams transition from a collection of individuals into a unified, high-performing entity. TCI’s approach involves using unique assessments and certified coaches to guide teams worldwide.
Assessments Offered by Team Coaching International
TCI offers a range of diagnostic tools to help teams understand their strengths and weaknesses, fostering a path toward improved performance and cohesion.
- The TCI Team Diagnostic™: This assessment measures the team’s productivity and positivity, providing a comprehensive view of its current state. It helps in identifying areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
- Team Leader View™: Focused on the team leader’s perspective, this tool provides insights into the team’s dynamics, strengths, and areas needing attention from the leader’s viewpoint.
- Organization View™: This assessment offers a macro view of the organization’s teams, helping leaders understand the collective strengths and areas for development across all teams.
Each of these assessments is designed to provide a detailed understanding of the team’s dynamics, helping leaders and teams themselves to make informed decisions for improvement and growth.
Team Coaching International’s methodology is a comprehensive, industry-leading approach designed to catapult teams to peak performance. It’s structured into three distinct phases:
- Phase 1 – Assessment and Planning: This phase sets a baseline for the team’s current performance using TCI’s diagnostic tools, which focus on 14 measures of team competency. It provides a clear picture of the team’s strengths and challenges, helping to identify where to invest time and resources effectively. An action plan is created with measurable improvement goals in team competencies and business metrics, ensuring that the team’s progress translates into real business results.
- Phase 2 – Integration and Skill Building: In this phase, regularly scheduled team coaching sessions are conducted to integrate new behaviors, learn new skills, and take actionable steps towards improvement. The sessions are designed to deliver improved results, accelerate change, create an effective team culture, and raise the bar on team performance and accountability. This phase is about putting the plan into action and seeing tangible progress.
- Phase 3 – Review and Future Planning: The final phase involves a review of what the team has learned and a post-coaching measurement of performance to gauge the progress made. A comprehensive comparison report provides a clear picture of where the team started and the improvements made. This phase is crucial for understanding the impact of the coaching and planning the next steps for continued growth.
Throughout these phases, TCI’s methodology focuses on both the productivity and positivity aspects of team performance, using 14 Team Performance Indicators™ (TPIs) to provide a clear, research-based platform for assessment and improvement. This approach is entirely focused on assessing and improving total team performance, rather than just individual personalities, styles, preferences, or leadership capabilities. It’s a holistic method designed to foster a high-performing, cohesive, and resilient team culture.
Team Performance Indicators (TPIs) are a set of 14 research-based metrics used by Team Coaching International to assess and improve team performance. These indicators are divided into two main categories: Productivity and Positivity.
- Productivity Indicators:
- Team Leadership: The presence and effectiveness of leadership within the team.
- Resources: The management and availability of resources necessary for the team’s objectives.
- Decision Making: The clarity and efficiency of the team’s decision-making processes.
- Proactive: The team’s initiative and responsiveness to opportunities and challenges.
- Accountability: The clarity of roles, responsibilities, and follow-through within the team.
- Goals and Strategies: The clarity and resilience of the team’s goals and strategies.
- Alignment: The team’s cooperation, cohesion, and shared mission.
- Positivity Indicators:
- Trust: The level of reliability, openness, and safety within the team.
- Respect: The mutual respect and positive regard among team members.
- Camaraderie: The sense of belonging and acknowledgment of achievements within the team.
- Communication: The clarity and efficiency of communication within the team.
- Constructive Interaction: The team’s approach to conflict and feedback.
- Values Diversity: The appreciation and integration of diverse perspectives and skills.
- Optimism: The shared vision, enthusiasm, and forward-looking attitude of the team.
These indicators collectively provide a comprehensive view of a team’s dynamics, highlighting areas of strength and opportunities for growth. They are used to guide the coaching process, helping teams to become more productive, cohesive, and resilient.